CalTopo is growing! I’m looking for a contract graphic artist and a full-time UI developer. Come work on a product you actually use, in a job with significant flexibility. For more information, email email@example.com.
|This could be your office (deck not included in job offer, applicant to supply their own)|
I’m looking for a graphic artist to take on a contract project revising and expanding the current icon symbol set. If things go well there’s potential followup work (UI icons, MapBuilder symbology, general UI design), but nowhere near enough to add up to a regular job.
I’m also looking for assistance creating a logo, whether that’s the same designer described above or a specialized professional.
The baseline for this full-time remote position is a competent developer with a solid web UI skillset, able to be turned loose on projects with minimal supervision. Preferably, you can also take on UI and interaction design, coordinating with a graphic designer on the visual pieces as necessary. Ideally, you can tackle the entire UI development cycle from graphic design through development.
The following are not required but are considered pluses:
- A CalTopo user or outdoor enthusiast. This is a position where domain knowledge matters.
- California or Washington residency. As a full time remote employee, CalTopo LLC will have a business presence in your home state. Some states are easier to work with than others, but CalTopo is already registered with CA and WA.
- OK with occasional travel to Truckee, CA (potentially up to several days a month, generally less). Although the position is remote, face time can be important for collaboration, particularly at the beginning of a design.
- First response experience, particularly in the backcountry (SAR, fire, ranger, etc). This is an important and growing customer base for CalTopo, and as with the recreational side, domain knowledge is useful.
- Mobile development experience.