Meet the 2023 CalTopo Adventure Grant recipients!
We were blown away by the creativity, passion and love for adventure and exploration conveyed by everyone who applied for the CalTopo Adventure Grant. After carefully reviewing all applications, we are proud to announce the 2023 CalTopo Adventure Grant recipients:
- Priti Wright: The Seattle-based wife-and-husband team Priti and Jeff Wright, aim to establish a difficult new route to the virgin peak of K7 Central (6,858m) in Pakistan’s Karakoram range. The summit of K7 Central is a 250m tall needle of orange granite which has steep walls on all sides.
- Nadine Lehner: Nadine and her climbing partners Isi Llarena and Rebeca Caceres are planning a multisport adventure in the remote Meliquina area of Aysén, Patagonia to attempt an unnamed peak utilizing packrafts and skis for access.
- Camille Rohrlich: Camille has planned a new exploratory route through the mountains in her backyard, “The Holy Cross Wilderness High Route” connecting 22 named peaks above 12,000 feet along the way.
- Zeeshan Mushtaq: Zeeshan is working to establish a new route through some of the most remote areas of Jammu and Kashmir he is calling “The Kishtwar Himalaya Traverse”. Once this is established he plans to post the route publicly to promote hiking and exploration of this area.
- Taylor Radigan: Taylor is planning a new route through Baxter State Park, Maine combining backpacking and biking to create a 150-mile loop of the highlights.
Each recipient will receive a financial award for their trip, a 1-year pro account and the opportunity to attend a virtual training on how to get the most out of the app. After completing their trip, each participant will produce a written trip report with photos and/or videos that we will share on our blog and social media.
We hope you are as excited as we are to check out their trip reports and follow along on their adventures!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!