We were blown away by the creativity, passion and love for adventure and exploration conveyed by everyone who applied for the CalTopo Adventure Grant. After carefully reviewing all applications, we are proud to announce the 2022 CalTopo Adventure Grant recipients:
- Sean Marble: climb the North Ridge of Mt Hayes (13,832′) and packraft out the Little Delta River in Alaska
- Niki Choo: connect Pacific Ocean to Arctic Ocean in Canada/Alaska by canoe and ski
- Jessica Johnson: non-binary solo unsupported fastest known time (FKT) attempt on Toiyabe Crest National Recreation Trail, Nevada
- Aidan Goldie-Ahumada: climb and ski Pomerape (20,610 ft) and Parinacota (20,932 ft) in the Atacama Desert, Chile
- Rain Felkl: ski traverse of the Lyngen Alps in Norway combined with multiple ski objectives along the route
- Miles Knotek: traverse of Montague Island, Alaska
Each recipient will receive a financial award for their trip, a 1-year pro account and the opportunity to attend a virtual training on how to get the most out of the app. After completing their trip, each participant will produce a written trip report with photos and/or videos that we will share on our blog and social media.
We hope you are as excited as we are to check out their trip reports and follow along on their adventures!